Trilingual? Cool job at AWID, open to submissions until July 14!
Online Communications Associate
The Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID). Toronto, Canada (preferred, but flexible).
Closing date: July 14, 2013.
The Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID) is an international feminist organization working to strengthen the voice, impact and influence of women’s rights advocates, organizations and movements internationally.
Since its inception, AWID has consistently provided accessible, high-quality and diverse information on women’s rights and gender and development issues. We believe that providing information is fundamental to building understanding of the trends affecting women’s rights, setting agendas and amplifying the voices, perspectives and diverse forms of organizing of women from around the world.
The WRI team produces and sources a wide range of information products in English, Spanish and French – from news, interviews and analysis to job announcements, new resources, events and urgent appeals – and disseminates them through the AWID website, social media and e-newsletters.
Reports to: Women’s Rights Information Manager
Content Production, Compilation & Dissemination
- Sources and compiles information on jobs, announcements, events, resources and urgent actions and alerts in English, French and Spanish in line with the editorial guidelines and ensures timely dissemination of e-newsletters
- Daily sourcing online content in English, French and Spanish relevant to women’s human rights, gender equality and sustainable development and posting to www.awid.org
- Ensures access to timely news and information related to priority themes by maintaining relationships with strategic external stakeholders, in coordination with the Manager
- Conducts outreach to relevant groups to increase subscribers among our priority groups and our Spanish and French constituencies
- Other online communications support as needed including writing, short translations and copyediting
Content management support for www.awid.org
- Provides website content management support including creating and editing new pages and sections and adding translations
- Compiles and disseminates the monthly e-newsletter What’s new on awid.org? in English, Spanish and French
- Regularly checks the email@example.com email accounts and responds to emails or forwards to relevant staff in a timely manner
Social media support
- Implements AWID’s social media strategy
- Monitors engagement with AWID on social media channels and facilitates the social media conversations
- Produce and publish content for AWID’s social media presence in English, Spanish and French
At least 2 to 4 years experience:
- Producing and managing online content related to women’s rights issues for diverse audiences
- Working in a non-profit development and/or human rights and/or women’s rights organization in a related role
- Working as part of a multicultural team and/or located in diverse locations
- Familiarity with key issues and themes related to women’s rights
- Familiarity with elements of feminist theory and women’s rights frameworks
- Able to travel internationally (1-2 times a year)
- Experience working in a virtual, multi-location team
- Trilingual: English-French-Spanish
- Courses or certificates in digital communications and/or social media
- Knowledge of basic audio and video editing software
We are looking for an individual who is committed to the principles and values of feminism, anti-discrimination, and anti-racism. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the latest online and social media technologies, knowledge of women’s rights and gender and development issues, and excellent communication skills. If you have strong multitasking skills, a keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision, we would love to hear from you!
Download a complete job description:
- Current CV and cover letter (addressing how you meet the necessary qualifications and outlines why you want to work for AWID)
- The exact source/location you saw the advertisement for this position
Fax: +416 594 0330
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (please include “Online Communications Associate” in the subject line of the email)
No phone calls please. Only email and faxed applications will be accepted. The application closing date is Sunday, July 14, 2013.
We thank all who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AWID encourages, promotes and supports diversity in all aspects of its work.
To learn more about AWID and our programs, please visit our website at www.awid.org.